How to compare indices of two tables.
- Comparison of indices of the two selected tables is being performed on the basis of the IDENTITY KEY.
- The comparison procedure uses index name as IDENTITY KEY
- The IDENTITY KEY can be assigned by the user, automatically selected (selected by default), or it can be cancelled all together.
- The user can define indices comparison rules (e.g. case sensitivity, compare/not compare index names, compare/not compare index owner, etc.) as well as rules regarding the creation of the comparison report (e.g. include identical rows, include different rows, and etc.).
The Comparison Procedure:
- Select the tables intended for comparison from the left and right panels.
Figure 8: Tables selection
- Use Compare > Indexes menu command
The program will compare indices assigned to the selected tables, displaying the results of the comparison on the screen in a separate window:
Figure 9:Comparison results window
The window is divided into three panes:
- The left pane shows a list of indices (and their properties) assigned to the table selected on the left pane of the main application window.
- The right pane shows a list of indices (and their properties) assigned to the the table selected on the right pane of the main application window.
- The bottom pane refines the differences found between the indices of the selected indices pair.
Each line of the displayed grid represents a pair of the corresponding (i.e. having same value of IDENTITY KEY) indices assigned to the compared tables.
- The lines representing two different indices are marked by red color.
- The lines representing two identical indices are marked by black color.
- The lines representing one index only - no corresponding index is found in the other table - are marked by blue color.
In order to generate comparison report file, select the Report comparison result into file mode using the appropriate button on the toolbar of the main application window:
If this button is used, the comparison results of ALL of the comparison procedures will be stored into a file.
Figure 10:An example of a comparison report
Setting comparison options
In order to alter the comparison settings of the table indices, use the Tools > Comparison Options... command of the main application window menu.
Switch to the Indexes Comparison tab in the Comparison options dialog box and confirm or cancel the needed options for the comparison of the indices.
Figure 7: Comparison options available