Configuring PostgreSQL ODBC DSN
Select PostgreSQL ODBC driver, and then click Finish. The PostgreSQL ODBC Driver Setup dialog box appears, as shown here:
Note: Upon clicking Save, the Data Sources dialog box appears, and the ODBC Administrator updates the registry information. The username and connect string that you entered become the default connection values for this data source when you connect to it.
- In the Data Source Name box, enter the name of the data source you want to access. It can be any valid name that you choose.
- In the Description box, enter the description needed for the DSN.
- For Server box, enter the name of the PostgreSQL server host that you want to access. By default, it is localhost.
- In the Database box, enter the name of the PostgreSQL database that you want to use as the default database.
- In the User Name box, enter your PostgreSQL username (your database user ID).
- In the Password box, enter your password.
- Click Save to add this data source.